HQP was recognised this week for our commitment to diversity and inclusion with a spot on Diversity Council Australia’s list of 2023-2024 Inclusive Employers.Read more about HQP announced as an Inclusive Employer by DCA
We're the sum of our differences, a collective of individuals, a family
We recognise that different perspectives are essential to our success, and treat all people with fairness, dignity and respect regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture or any other arbitrary characteristic.
HQP is a founding signatory to the Australian Forest Industries Diversity & Inclusion Charter. This charter recognises the importance of and commitment to a diverse and inclusive Australian forest industry by over 20 of the industry’s largest and most influential organisations.
We have implemented a Diversity & Inclusion Policy, and formed a reference committee to foster the following objectives:
- Treating all people with respect and fairness.
- Developing an inclusive and representative workforce at all levels of the company.
- Eliminating stigmas and limitations and creating a culture of inclusion through the promotion of education, awareness, and mutual understanding.
- Creating and fostering equality through a supportive and understanding environment for all individuals to realise their maximum potential, regardless of difference.
- Promoting and supporting a strong, equitable and fair workplace comprising, accommodating, encouraging, and respecting a diverse range of individuals and views.
- Providing visible leadership that fosters a culture free from discrimination, bullying, sexual harassment, and other unlawful behaviour.
- Ensuring that all staff feel included, valued, and respected and have access to equal opportunities.
- Committing to a broad range of experience and perspectives thus providing staff with a better opportunity to understand and engage HQP’s customer base and the communities in which it works.
For more on our commitment to a positive and welcoming culture, view our Diversity & Inclusion Policy.