Is the plantation forest you want to visit open?
Sometimes our plantations forests need to be closed for public safety.
Please check the plantation forests you wish to visit are open to public access before leaving home.
We know our plantation forests are popular destinations for recreation – but sometimes, it’s necessary for them to be closed for public safety and asset protection before, during or after forest operations or extreme weather events. This can include cyclones, fires, very high fire danger, strong winds, heavy rainfall or flooding.
Some areas may also be permanently closed to all recreation (including our private property) or restricted from motorised access for research, rehabilitation or noise management.
The public is not permitted to enter our plantation forests when they have been closed or drive on plantation roads when motorised access is restricted. However, gazetted road thoroughfares managed by state or local government may still be open.
Similarly, visitors should refer to Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service park alerts for the status of any campgrounds they manage in or near our plantation forests.
Even when plantations are open, areas within the plantation are regularly closed for forest operations. These are active worksites subject to the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and relevant codes of practice. Your safety is paramount – please drive to the conditions, comply with all signage and turn around when directed by signage to do so. Read more about responsible recreation and conditions of access.
We have two handy tools to help you determine the public access status of a plantation forest.
Refer to the closures dropdown list below to see the status of larger plantation forest areas by region at a glance. This is very useful for widespread weather events.
Use the dropdowns or interactive map further down to determine the status of specific areas you wish to visit before you leave home. Click on any coloured area for more information. Occasionally there is a lag updating the interactive maps so if there's a difference between the dropdowns and the map, please comply with the status in the dropdowns.
If you would like to contact us, enable the office locations layer on the top right hand side to find the office closest to you. If you're not sure how to do this, please refer to the useful tips below the map.
Plantation Status Reason Effective untilBeerburrumClosedHeavy rain25/05/2022 More infoBlackbuttClosedHeavy rain25/05/2022 More infoElliott RiverClosedHeavy rain25/05/2022 More infoMary ValleyClosedFlood recovery and repairsTBA More infoPasschendaeleClosedFlood recovery and repairsTBA More infoPechey EskClosedHeavy rain25/05/2022 More infoToolaraClosedHeavy rain25/05/2022 More infoTuanClosedHeavy rain25/05/2022 More infoWongiClosedHeavy rain25/05/2022 More info
Plantation Status Reason Effective untilHinchinbrook NorthOpenDrive to conditionsHinchinbrook SouthOpenDrive to conditionsTablelandsOpenDrive to conditions
Public access status for our plantation forests
- What the icons on this map mean
- Zoom in
- Zoom out
- Reset zoom
- Your location
- Map layers
- Map legend
- Open with conditions
- Restricted access
- Closed to all public access
How to use this map
- You can search for the status of any plantation forest by typing a nearby place or address into the search bar.
- If you are using a GPS-enabled device, you can also zoom straight in to your location by selecting the circle on the left under the home icon.
- Click on any coloured part of the map for more information about a particular plantation forest and its status. If the area is closed, this box will provide important details about the duration of the closure and a link to more information.
- There are other features available to see on this map including our office locations and notifications for road closures, bridge closures, and harvest and haul operations. To make these features appear, click on the three layered squares in the very top right hand corner of the map and select the features you would like to see.
- To see the legend for these new layers, click on the legend icon with the three geometric dots besides the layers list on the top right hand side of the map.